Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Price Techies will Pay for Precious Time Passed Over in Silicon Valley

Hey Fam,

Yeah, I often wonder how the reality of life plays out living in Silicon Valley (or in SFO) considering the "Tech Boom" or "Tech Wars". Many say it's the ideal place to be for a techie or software engineer. And, I sometimes dream about being there.

However, after reading this article (which I'm sure is exaggerated), I'd rather stay where I'm at and enjoy my family time.
https://thebolditalic.com/this-is-your-life-in-silicon-valley-933091235095

Sadly, I think our next generation raised, on social technology, stressed out parents, increasingly unfriendly competition, and no time to truly learn who they are without being compared to others, will be at a disadvantage by the time they graduate from college (if they graduate or even if they make it) and have some resentment towards my generation.

All this to say - there's a price to pay when sacrificing long term gain for short term gain. Especially, when the price is paid with your family, then nothing will be more personal of a long term loss.

Take care of your family first. True friends will be like real family. Wise work will keep you adding value to the world while seeing your personal value also go up (and not based on some stock market evaluation).

God Speed,
G2

No comments:

Post a Comment