Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bible Study: Called in Pairs, Sent in Pairs

Dear Lord,

Today, I am reading The Book of Matthew 4:18-22.

I'm learning about your calling of your first disciples. You called two brothers, first. Next, you called two more brothers. You called them both almost at the same time, back to back.

You called them in PAIRS.

Interestingly, you also sent your disciples out in PAIRS. (This is from my reading in Matthew 10:1-2, Mark 6:7, and Luke 10.)

In the beginning, you created us in PAIRS. You created the pair to be heterosexual to give them the ability to obey your first commandments - to be fruitful and multiply. (This is from my reading in The Book of Genesis 1:27-28.)

There is also the on-boarding of Noah's family and the animals in pairs. (This is from my reading in The Book of Genesis 6:18-20.)

There is something about calling us in pairs with your Spirit.

I will meditate on this message from You. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

Loving the Word,
G2

No comments:

Post a Comment